Saturday, June 11

Tofu & Veggie Bake

I was lazy with cooking last week due to the heat, so I searched for quick veggie recipes over the web. This is the one that I made - it still required using the oven, but it was fast and very light & summer-y tasting (I don't remember the web address. Sorry!):

ingredients:

extra firm tofu - 1/2 -1 block, cubed
assorted veggies, chopped: I used onion, asparagus, tomato, and yellow & green bell pepper. The asparagus neutralized the acidity of the tomato & bell peppers. Spinach, brocolli or carrots are other veggies that would do the trick.
olive oil
spice: I decided to try out some lemon pepper. It worked well - it tastes like a mixture of lemon, pepper, and salt. You could easily use another combination of spices in its place.

All of the tofu & veggies went into a rectangular baking pan/dish. I drizzled with oil, topped with lemon pepper, and tossed. Then I put it all in the oven for about 30-45 min @ 375F. I also took the dish out periodically to toss and add more lemon pepper.

The flavours of the veggies combined well - and they also gave off some water. So it went quite well with rice. You could eat it on its own too, whatever you feel :).

2 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger rabfish said...

this sounds good, i think i will try it

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger been said...

i got the lemon pepper at the bulk food store. I'm sure you could also find it in the spice section of the supermarket...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home